05 October, 2008

Relaxing Saturday



Today was Saturday. In fact it is the last Saturday that we will be in Ukarumpa for several weeks. In less than a week we are off to Australia, which means that our baby is due in just over a month, yikes! I guess we should start thinking about names...

So yesterday I mentioned that I was hoping to go down to the shop to work on some of my own projects today. I was happy to have a chance to do that today--Clare was gone to an all-day birthday celebration with a close friend of hers, so I was able to stay at the shop for most of the day. Today's photo is of one of my past projects--it was basically built up out of a pile of mismatched prts that had accumulated around the shop. It's really not that useful here, but it was fun to build. Some of my projects are more useful than others, but they all have one thing in common--they are all chances for me to create things from what we have laying around. I love doing it, especially when the result is something useful. Or something cool.

Today I just checked out a couple of engines that I recently got in from the US--they are used motorcycle engines that I got really cheap because their condition was unknown. I was very pleased with what I found inside them--I have high hopes for these engines for future projects, and it's nice to know that I'm not going ot have to completely rebuild them before I use them.

I think I'm making a decision right now not to add to this blog on Sundays. So, see you again on Monday!

No comments: